Thursday, December 23, 2010

I have been very, very busy.  Christmas will do that to a quilter.  I got an order for 2 quilts from a friend of my girlfriend Bonnie.  I made that pretty red quilt for Bonnie and when she brought it back to Hot Springs, her friend decided she wanted one for herself and one for her daughter.  My guidelines were.......one made with seafoam green fabric and one made with purples and yellows.  The seafoam green reques put me in a tizzy because that is a bit vague.  I think different people have different ideas about what exactly seafoam green is.  So I started on the purple/yellow one first and searched and stressed over "seafoam green".  Luckily I have tons of purple in my stash and after I started gathering fabric I realized I also had tons of yellow!  Here's what I came up with.


It was fun and turned out cute, I think.  Before I finished this one I finally decided on what I deemed to be seafoam green!  I used fabric from Kate Spain's Fandango for Moda .

Here it is, not a great photo, but it did turn out nice!




I work with an extremely talented bunch of gals who knit and sew and do all kinds of fun crafty things.  It's hard to give a gift to these girls, because I think whatever they do is just so perfect.  Then whatever I make for them is so NOT perfect.  But I have guts, so here's what Heather is getting for Christmas.  I made it out of the same pattern as the oh-so-famous seafoam green, but I went with a fabric line I found when searching for something else.  I absolutely had to have it and I knew eventually it would come in handy.  This is Michele D'Amore's Porcelina for Marcus Brothers .  Anyway, I hope Heather loves it.  She is my favorite fan.  I also made a litle rope bowl out of the fabric but I forgot to take a picture of it!




I recently got an order for a Black, white and red quilt.  Those were their only requirements. Oh and it's for a male.  Here's what I came up with.  I'm not sure I love it, but I hope  they do.


Here's a close up of the red I used.  It's got string instruments and the other red is musical notes.



No comments:

Post a Comment